Bupa provide a broad range of healthcare services, support and advice to people throughout their lives. A leading international healthcare group, it offers personal and company-financed health insurance, runs hospitals, and provides workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and chronic disease management services. Bupa is also a major international provider of nursing and residential care for elderly people. Bupa employs more than 52,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, New Zealand and the USA, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, China and across Latin America.
Bupa Group HR & Payroll Document Management infrastructure was built on OpenText Livelink. This technology had provided sufficient functionality to satisfy the requirements of the day-to-day HR and payroll operations but the current version was no longer supported by OpenText. As a result, Bupa undertook a review of the market leading Document & Records Management products and selected Microsoft SharePoint to be their new platform for HR and Payroll.
Bupa engaged Deltascheme to install and configure SharePoint to meet its functional and technical requirements. The project included:
- Installation of a SharePoint infrastructure
- Configuration of SharePoint against the business requirements
- Migration of content and processes out of Livelink into SharePoint
- Upgrade and re-configuration of their Kofax scanning solution to work with SharePoint
- The provision of Outlook email integration with SharePoint.
Deltascheme worked with Bupa to audit and review the content to be migrated and to establish an effective migration plan which included the development of a bespoke migration tool to export content from import to SharePoint. Also adopted was Swift Site Creator for SharePoint. This tool facilitated the creation and on-going management of multiple sites (one per user – over 150,000) in a consistent and timely way. These sites were configured and installed before the scanning solution was upgraded and re-configured. A range of document Content Types were configured to support the HR function including: Leaver and Starter forms, Personal Details Change form, Grievance & Disciplinary form, Recruitment forms and Maternity form. The system works in conjunction with the existing Bupa Group HR and Payroll systems, PeopleSoft and ResourceLink.
- Cost effective platform for managing the capture, processing and archiving of documents.
- File retrieval and management is much faster and more accurate due to OCR’ed documents and SharePoint search configuration.
- Considerable savings in maintenance and support costs.
- Simplified HR file structure.
- Removal of redundant information.
- Implementation of retention and disposition policies.
“Working with Deltascheme was a huge success, which can be measured by the thanks and appreciation of the Business sponsor and IT executive team at Bupa. Deltascheme were helpful, professional and their technical expert knowledge of the solution always apparent. We are very happy with their work and continued support.”
Project Manager (GTIS), Bupa