Office 365 and SharePoint ECM Consultancy
The incredible adoption of Office 365 is testament to Microsoft making complex technology simple enough for the masses and many organisations are happy configuring the product and getting on with it.
We come in to help resolve two nagging doubts, namely :
- "Is our information properly secured?" and
- "Are we making the best use of all the available tools we’ve paid for?"
This is at the heart of our Enterprise Content Management consulting work which includes:
- Information architecture and Information Governance. The design of where to put information, what security to put round it and the use of Teams / Groups.
- Document and Records Management. The latest incarnations of Office 365 / SharePoint seemingly does without metadata, which is fine for the collaborative world where the “latest” and “most active” document is presented at front of house, but that’s not much good for a corporate document and record management repository. There is available excellent functionality tucked away in both SharePoint and the Security and Compliance Centre we can help you unlock.
- Identification of Sensitive content has become a new worry for IT departments everywhere, especially with the new GDPR requirements. We can introduce tools that automatically classify this content allowing appropriate security controls to be put in place.
- Intranets / Extranets. The line has become quite blurred between document management and Intranets in some instances. We can help you deliver clean well-designed pages and implement the smart use of web parts to greatly reduce the burden of maintaining Intranet pages which link to content.