Migration services and system upgrade
Migration services and system upgrade are the follow-on work after the migration strategy.
The range of activities is highly variable and can include any of the following:
- Training and Support in the use of an off the shelf migration tool such as Sharegate. Typically used for straightforward migrations from a network file store.
- Development of custom migration ETL tools. Typically required for migration from an EDRMS, especially when some form of transformation is required on the content. We’ve migrated from a diverse range of platforms including Open Text Livelink, HP TRIM, FileNet, ProjectWise, Objective.
- Auto-classification of content (using a tool) to support the migration of content into a new information architecture.
- Configuration of a new information architecture on the destination (SharePoint / Office 365).
- Migration and reconstituting the links in migrated Intranet pages.
- Redesign and development of applications / integrations.
- System upgrades (e.g to SharePoint 2019).
System upgrades relate to SharePoint which typically includes a move from SharePoint on premise to Office 365 / SharePoint online. For those wanting to stay on premise we install the latest version of SharePoint.